Digital & Social Media Internship
The Moak Group, a fast-growing start-up public affairs, advocacy, and business consulting firm, is looking for a skilled, enthusiastic, and technically savvy individual to join our growing team as a Digital Intern. We’re looking for a self-starting, passionate, hardworking individual who is ready to roll up their sleeves and learn on the go.
Our team is looking for a full-time Digital Intern with the following set of skills and experience:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Graphic Design:
- A passion for creating innovative designs for web and print campaigns
- High skill level in using the Adobe Creative Suite for print and web design
- Web Design
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of HTML and CSS is a plus
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems, especially WordPress
- Social Media Acumen
- Familiar with crafting and posting content
- High comfort level with using social media platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, HootSuite, etc.)
- Comfortable using Apple products/ MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PPT, Excel)
- Effective writing and editing capability
- Attention to detail
- Interest in new web and digital technologies
- Time management skills
- Self-starter, able to solve problems on your own
- Communicate efficiently in both written and verbal form
- Flexible in work functions and duties
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Administrative skills
- Enrolled in or recently graduated (within the past year) from an undergraduate or graduate institution
- Interest in government, politics and/or communications consulting
- Excellent research, analytical and software skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
About the internship:
The Digital Internship will have both academic and experiential elements. The Moak Group is a fast-growing team entering its third year. As such, the intern will have the opportunity to engage with many of the clients and issues The Moak Group supports. This is a great learning opportunity for someone interested in the intersection of technology and the policy sphere.
This is a paid position. The Moak Group will also work with Interns to meet requirements for school credit, if the intern so chooses.
The Moak Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.